ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31st MARCH 2007
Audit Commission Act 1998
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2003 (512003/533) as amended by the Accounts and Audit (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2006 (Si 20061564)
- Date of Announcement - 14th June 2007.
- Each year the Council's annual return is audited by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc relating to them. For the year ended 31st March 2007 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
A.M. Williams, ACIS, Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer, Falmouth Town Council, Municipal Buildings, The Moor, Falmouth, TRI1 2RT.
Between the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am to 4.45 pm on Friday (excluding public holidays). Commencing on 28th June 2007 and ending on 27th July 2007.
- Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditors about the accounts. The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 30th July 2007 and after that date will be available at the address given in paragraph 4 below until the audit has been completed; and
- the right to attend before the auditors and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
- The Council's audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Audit Commission Act, 1988, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2003 and the Audit Commission's Code of Audit Practice.
Your audit is being carried out by:
A.M. Williams, ACIS, Town Clerk