Kitchen Porter, Princess Pavilion, Falmouth
Salary £10.90 p.hr
Casual contract, variable hours
About the job
We are looking for a kitchen porter to work at the Garden Room Café and Bar at the Princess Pavilion, Falmouth. This is a busy bar and café environment, and you’ll need to be hard working and great working with others in the team including chefs, bar and café staff.
You'll work with a great team and duties will include:
• Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
• Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day
• Maintaining the food storage areas like freezers and refrigerators
• Receiving deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
• Washing dirty dishes like cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans or loading dishes into the dishwasher
• Removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly
• Cleaning and maintaining cooking equipment like cookers, pots and food mixers
• Supporting the Chef in basic food preparation like cutting ingredients, peeling and washing food items
• Helping chefs and other kitchen staff, as needed
You'll need to be able to work in a busy, fast paced kitchen environment. You’ll need to be flexible and adapatable and communicate well with colleagues and management.
It's a busy environment so you'll need to be good at time keeping and willing to work out of hours, including evening and weekends.
Falmouth Town Council is ambitious in its projects and passionate about local service delivery for residents, communities and visitors. Princess Pavilion is a vibrant community, arts and events venue that attracts many visitors to its bar & cafe, theatre & live performance spaces and its award winning gardens.
For an informal discussion about the job please call Josh Hendy, Bar & Café Manager on 07483055815
How to apply
Application by CV via Indeed https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=Porter&l=Falmouth%2C+Cornwall&start=10&pp=g... or send your cv to email@example.com
Falmouth Town Council, The Council Offices, The Old Post Office, The Moor, Falmouth, TR11 3QA Telephone: 01326 315559 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs to be received by: Midnight on Monday 5 June 2023 - due to the great response this vacancy has now closed at 12 Noon on 2nd June
Trial shifts to be held on 8, 9 or 10 June 2023 (may be daytime or evening.)