Front of House Bar & Barista, Princess Pavilion, Falmouth
Salary £10.90 p.hr. Casual contract, variable hours. Up to 4 posts available.
About the job
We need friendly, engaging bar and café staff to work at the Garden Room Café and Bar at the Princess Pavilion, Falmouth. This is a busy bar and café environment and you’ll need to be hard working and great with customers, and your colleagues.
You'll work with a great team and duties will include:
• Preparing and serving food and drinks to customers including alcoholic, soft and hot drinks
• Serving food and snacks
• Engaging with customers and providing excellent customer service
• Using a till to take orders and process payments
• Checking customers identification and age verification
• Maintaining a clean and organised bar, café and kitchen area
• Monitoring and refilling stock levels as needed
• Clearing tables, wiping surfaces to a high level of cleanliness
• Providing timely and efficient service behind our high volume event bars
You'll need to have some experience of working in a bar, café or kitchen, be highly motivated and be comfortable working in a busy, fast paced environment. You'll need excellent interpersonal and customer care skills and be able to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and management.
It's a busy environment so you'll need to be flexible and willing to work out of hours, including evening and weekends. A good knowledge of beers, wines & spirits or cocktail experience is desirable. Knowledge or experience of working at live music events, exhibitions and weddings is also desirable.
Falmouth Town Council is ambitious in its projects and passionate about local service delivery for residents, communities and visitors. Princess Pavilion is a vibrant community, arts and events venue that attracts many visitors to its bar & cafe, theatre & live performance spaces and its award winning gardens.
For an informal discussion about the job please call Josh Hendy, Bar & Café Manager on 07483055815
How to apply
Application by CV via Indeed https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=Barista%2C+Princess+Pavilion&l=Falmouth%2C+... or send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Falmouth Town Council, The Council Offices, The Old Post Office, The Moor, Falmouth, TR11 3QA Telephone: 01326 315559 Email: email@example.com
CVs to be received by: Midnight on Monday 5 June 2023 - this vacancy has now closed at 12 Noon 2nd June thanks to the great response
Trial shifts to be held on 8, 9 or 10 June 2023 (may be daytime or evening.)