NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF ELECTORS RIGHTS
Audit Commission Act 1998, Section 15 and 16 and
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2011 (SI 2011 No 817)
1. Date of Announcement– 24th April 2012.
2. Each year the Council’s annual return is audited by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc relating to them. For the year ended 31st March 2012 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
A.M. Williams, FCIS, Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer, or
Ruth Thomas, Finance Officer, Falmouth Town Council, Municipal Buildings,
The Moor, Falmouth, TR11 2RT.
Between the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on Monday to Thursday and 9.00 am to 4.45 pm on Friday (excluding public holidays). Commencing on 8th May 2012 and ending on
8th June 2012.
- 3. Local Government Electors and their representatives have rights to:
- question the auditor about the accounts: and
- object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 11th June 2012 and until the audit has been completed.
4. The Council’s audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Audit Commission Act, 1998, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2011 and the Audit Commission’s Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:-
Bolton. BL6 6QQ
5. This announcement is made by A.M. Williams, FCIS, Town Clerk